Respect of Users’ Privacy Rights
Limited Collection of Personal Information
- The Company respects and gives significance to individual rights, personal information and personal information protection. The Company realizes that users of its electronic transaction service or any other services would wish to be assured of security in using the services via the Company’s website.
- Personal information received by the Company, such as name, age, address, telephone number, I.D. number and financial information that can be used to trace an identity, that is complete, accurate, up-to-date, and of good quality will be used only for the purpose of the Company’s operations. The Company shall use stringent security measures so that personal information may not be used without permission.
- In regard to collection and preservation of personal information, the Company shall use lawful and fair means to limit collection and storing of personal information. It shall only be used for services stipulated in the objectives of the Company.
- The Company shall obtain users' consent prior to collecting personal information except in the case that:
(1) It is an exception prescribed by law.
(2) It is for users' benefit but consent cannot be obtained at that time.
(3) It is for the benefit of users' life, health, or safety or the life, health, or safety of other service users.
(4) It is for the purpose of legal investigation or inquiry by officials or court proceedings.
(5) It is for study, research, or statistical data collection.
- The Company shall not collect personal information about genetic traits and sexual behavior, or information that may be detrimental to personal reputation, or information that may cause unfair discrimination to any person except in the case that:
(1) Users' written consent has been obtained.
(2) It is an exception prescribed by law.
(3) It is for users' benefit and consent cannot be obtained at that time.
(4) It is for the benefit of users' life, health or safety or the life, health, or safety of other service users.
(5) It is for the purpose of investigations by legal officials or court proceedings.
(6) It is for study, research, or statistical data collection.
Objectives in Collecting Personal Information
- The Company may integrate users' personal information with information received from other sources only as necessary and with users' consent, for the purpose of updating personal information and improving the quality and efficiency of the Company's services.
- The Company collects personal information to be used for the Company’s operations, studies, research, or statistical data collection in accordance with the Company’s operational objectives, and for the improvement of the quality and efficiency of the Company’s electronic services.
- In the event of subsequent changes in the collection of personal information, the Company shall notify users and ask for their consent. Any amendment made to personal information shall be recorded.
- In the event that the Company collects, stores, uses or discloses personal information for purposes other than the stated objectives, the User have the right to privacy and can choose whether they will allow the Company to collect, store, use or disclose such personal information.
- For the purpose of analysis of the use of services via a website and for traceability in the event of problems in service usage, the Company automatically uses log files for record keeping by which at least the following data is saved:
(1) IP Address
(2) Type of Browser
Moreover, the Company also uses the services of external agencies/organizations that keep log files in providing services via websites as prescribed by law.
- The Company shall not perform any act not mentioned in the above objectives except:
(1) When users have been informed of the new objectives and given their consent.
(2) In the case that it is prescribed by law.
Limited Use of Personal Information
- The Company may use and disclose personal information only with users' consent and when it is in accordance with the Company's objectives.
- The Company shall ensure that it shall not disclose, show, or cause to appear the users' personal information in any other manner other than that specified in the Company’s objectives or to a third party except in the event that:
(1) It is prescribed by law.
(2) It is with the users' consent.
(3) It is for the benefit of life, health or safety or the life, health, or safety of other service users.
(4) It is for the purpose of investigations by officials or court proceedings.
(5) It is for study, research, or statistical data collection.
- In certain cases, the Company may allow other persons or agencies/organizations to have access to or use users' personal information as necessary, for the purposes of and under the authority of the Company, and with prior consent of users.
The Company recognizes the importance of personal information security and has set up security measures that are appropriate and consistent with keeping confidentiality of personal information. The measures aim at preventing loss, accessibility, destruction, use, modification, amendment or disclosure of personal information unlawfully or without authority. These measures shall comply with the Company’s policy and guideline on IT security.
Users' Rights to Personal Information
- In the event that users' wish to obtain their own personal information, they may send a request according to the criteria and methods set forth by the Company. Upon receipt of such request the Company shall take prompt action to inform users of the existence or details of such personal information within a reasonable time.
- If any personal information is found to be incorrect, users may notify the Company and request that such information be corrected, changed, or deleted. In that case the Company shall prepare a memorandum of objections regarding storage and accuracy of personal information.
- Users have the right to check the existence and the nature of personal information, and the use of such information at the business premises of the Company. In addition, users have the right to request:
(1) certified copies of documents relating to their personal information
(2) rectification or change of personal information so that it is accurate and complete
(3) discontinuation of the use or disclosure of their personal information
(4) deletion or destruction of their personal information
(5) information about the method of acquisition of their personal information in the case that information has been collected or stored without their consent.
Nevertheless, the Company may deny the request if required by law or if identifiable personal information has already been deleted.
Linking Personal Information with Other Persons or Agencies/Organizations
- The Company may link personal information to other persons or organizations. Prior to such linkage, the Company shall notify users and request their consent, with at least the following details given:
(1) The name(s) of the person(s) or Company (agencies) to which that personal information will be provided
(2) The objective in linking personal information
(3) Personal information linking methods
(4) Personal information to be linked to other parties
(5) The names of parties having the right to access personal information.
- In linking personal information to other persons or agencies/organizations, the Company shall clearly inform the user of the name of the information collector and any party having the right to collect information. More over the Company shall keep records of information linkages.
- If there is any change in information linkage, the Company shall notify the user thereof and request prior consent.
- For additional information on the policy and practical guidelines on personal information protection, reference could be made to the full version of the Policy and Practical Guideline for Personal Information Protection.
If you have further questions, please contact the Company
1 Fortune Town 24th Fl., Zone A Ratchadaphisek Rd. Dindaeng Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel : +(66) 2119 4600-3
Fax : +(66) 2119 4604